Home insurance isn’t mandatory in North Carolina and South Carolina, although your lender may require this coverage if you have a mortgage. Smart homeowners, however, will take advantage of insurance protection to safeguard their investment.
Understanding Home Insurance
At The Pentagon Group, we'll tailor your home insurance to provide just the protection you need for your dwelling, additional structures on the property, and personal goods, along with liability and loss of use coverage.
- Dwelling - Like any other building, your home needs protection against perils that can damage or totally destroy its structure such as fire, severe wind or rainstorms, blizzards, or other disasters that are common to your area. In addition to structural damage, dwelling insurance protects your home’s fixtures like plumbing, HVAC and electrical systems.
- Additional structures on your property that aren't attached to your home such as a gazebo or storage shed can be protected through Other Structures coverage.
- Contents – Contents coverage protects your personal goods to include jewelry, clothing, furniture, electronics, home appliances, and anything else you own. By opting for replacement cost coverage, your insurer will cover the cost of replacing your goods if they’re stolen or destroyed in a disaster that’s covered by your policy. For valuables like posh jewelry, original artwork, or collectibles, whose value exceeds the limits of a standard home insurance policy, you may need extra insurance coverage to obtain the protection you need.
- Loss of Use - After a major disaster, you may find it impossible to live in your home due to extensive damage. Loss of use coverage helps pay for your living expenses elsewhere until your home is repaired.
- Liability - If someone gets hurt while on your property and you’re found at fault, you could be sued for damages. Liability insurance protects you against accidental injuries by paying for medical expenses and covering your legal costs in the event of a lawsuit.
To learn more about our home insurance policies and costs, call or visit The Pentagon Group, serving homeowners in North Carolina and South Carolina.